Last Updated: April 21, 2014
Effective Date: Dec 2013
- Information Collection and Use
- Disclosure to Third Parties
- International Transfer
- Security Storage and Retention of Information
- Accessing and Collecting Information
- Links to Third Parties
- Contact Us
I. Information Collection and Use
- Information we collect and how it is collected
- Account Registration: As part of our registration process, the only personal information we collect from our users is an email address. We also ask for age so that we can identify which users are under 13 years old. Users under 13 years of age must supply the email address of a parent or legal guardian. We also have users create a username and password during registration.
- When User Refers a Friend: If you choose to use our referral service to tell a friend about our site, we will ask for your friend's email address. We will automatically send your friend a one-time email inviting them to visit the site. Fantage.com Inc. does not store your friend's email address.
- Customer Support Services: When users contact us for customer support, we will collect their user ID and parent's/guardian's email address (along with a message) so we can respond to their inquiry and resolve any issues. We delete the information collected after the request has been completed.
- Contest/Sweepstake/Prize Giveaways: We may provide you the opportunity to participate in contests on our site. If you participate, we will request certain personally identifiable information from you. Participation in these contests is completely voluntary and you therefore have a choice whether or not to disclose this information. The requested information typically includes contact information (such as name and shipping address), and geographic information (such as zip code). For users under 13 years of age we only collect a username. We will contact the parent on a one-time basis to administer the shipping of the prize giveaway, if the child is a winner.
- Purchases and Transactions: If you purchase a premium membership, virtual currency, and/or any other products, we will collect transaction information such as billing information, credit card numbers, name and/or mailing/shipping address. This information is used solely to bill and/or mail customers the items/services that they purchased. Only persons 18 or older may pay for membership or order products. Transaction information is not stored by our site and will be provided to our third party financial institutions, payment providers and/or shipping and delivery providers for the purpose of processing credit cards or other payments and fulfilling product orders. These companies are authorized to only use your information to the extent necessary to provide their services. We may offer you a method of earning virtual currency or other in-game rewards without any form of payment, such as through watching video ads or viewing other ads or promotions.
- What is Personal Information used for?
- Registration information is used to give you access to Fantage, to fulfill product giveaways, and to communicate with you about your account. For users under 13, all communications are sent to the parent's/guardian's email address. For example, when a child signs up, we will send an email notice to the parent informing the parent about the child's registration and giving the parent the opportunity to set up the child's chat permissions and provide general information about the purpose of our site. We provide a similar notice to users who are 13 or older. We also use the email address supplied at registration for password reset purposes, to verify changes to account settings, and to send periodic newsletters and email updates from Fantage (if the user or parent of the user elects to receive them). For product giveaways additional information may be required, such as your mailing address and full name. This information will only be collected from users over 13 or parents of users under 13 and will not be used for any other reason. Our Web site also offers a blog which is only accessible to logged in users. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them. Fantage.com Inc. collects usernames when users post a comment on the blog. All blog comments are moderated before they are posted to assure that they don't contain any personal information, such as, first and last name combinations, addresses, contact information, etc. Blog comments are also moderated to make sure that they don't contain any offensive language. Despite these measures, if you're concerned about a posting that was posted to our blog, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Passive Collection of Information
- Cookies and Web Beacons: Fantage.com Inc. may collect some technical information from visitors, such as, browser type, operating system, time spent on the site, IP address (for IP geo-location), and referring websites. This information is not linked to your personal contact information (i.e., email address). Fantage.com Inc. collects this technical information to help us better understand our users in order to make Fantage a more fun and exciting place. Fantage or its service providers may collect this information through the use of imbedded java scripts, cookies, web beacons, or clear gifs. Users can disable cookies on their browser; however, if you disable cookies, some functionalities or features on our site may not work properly.
II. Disclosure to Third Parties
- Social Media (Features) and Widgets
- We do not share, sell, trade, rent, or otherwise provide personal information about our users to independent third parties. We may disclose personal information to government or law enforcement authorities if we are required to by law, such as by a subpoena, court order, or warrant or if necessary to protect the legal rights of Fantage.com Inc. or the safety of our users or the public. We may share your information if we are involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of our assets.
- Chat and Blog Moderation
- All of our chat rooms are strictly monitored with a variety of security provisions. For instance, a chat filtering system automatically blocks personal information such as names, phone numbers, email addresses and home addresses. At various times, users may attempt to circumvent our filtering system, or some offensive material may get through. No website can filter personal or offensive material perfectly. However, our filtering system is constantly being updated and refined to provide continually improved security and reasonable moderation procedures. Moreover, as an added layer of protection, our chat rooms are monitored by Fantage employees, whose job it is to screen out questions and answers that might supply personal information. Finally, users are encouraged to report other users who are bothersome or who ask intrusive questions.
- For the convenience of parents we offer three chat options:
- Fantage Chat- Chat and user messages are filtered for profanities, and other personal information such as name, address, phone number.
- Safe Chat- Allows pre-selected safe sentences, users are not able to type their own messages.
- No Chat- Disables typing and viewing of chat and user messages.
Parents are able to choose the type of chat that their child participates in by using the link provided in their notification email or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
III. International Transfer
- Information Collected from European Users: When we collect personal information from residents of the European Union, we follow the privacy principles for the U.S.-EU Safe Harbor Framework, which covers the transfer, collection, use, and retention of personal data from the European Union. To learn more information, please visit the Safe Harbor Framework website.
- Notice. When we collect your personal information, we'll give you timely and appropriate notice describing what personal information we're collecting, how it will be used, and the types of third parties with whom we may share it.
- Choice. We will give you the opportunity to choose how your personal information will be used and we'll respect your choices.
- Onward Transfer (Transfers to Third Parties). If we transfer your personal information to another company, we will take appropriate measures to protect your privacy and the personal information we transfer.
- Access and Retention. We will provide ways for you to access your personal information, as required by law, and respond to your access request within 30 days. We will retain your personal information only for as long as needed to provide you our services or as otherwise permitted by law. We will fulfill any legitimate requests from you to delete your personal information. See Section V below for parental access rights.
- Security. We will take appropriate precautions to protect your personal information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, alteration, and destruction. See Section IV below for more information.
- Data integrity. We will only collect as much personal information as necessary for prior identified purposes, and we will not use it for other purposes without first obtaining your consent. We will take appropriate steps to make sure any personal information in our records is accurate, complete, and current.
- Enforcement. We will regularly review how we are meeting these privacy promises, and will provide an independent way to resolve complaints about our privacy practices.
IV. Security Storage and Retention of Information
- Security Storage: We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. All passwords entered on our site are stored in encrypted form. When sensitive payment information (such as a credit card number) is entered on our website it is protected by using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption.
- Data Retention: We may retain yours or your child's information for as long as your or your child's account is active or as needed to provide services. If you wish to cancel the account or request that we no longer use the information to provide services, please contact us. We will retain and use the information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
V. Accessing and Correcting Information
- Access of Information: All users have the right to review the personal information we collect, correct factual errors, have the information deleted, or request that we no longer collect or use that information. Please contact us if you would like to make such requests.
- Parental Access: Parents of children under the age of 13 can send email, call, print out and mail or fax us a signed form that allows them to review any personally identifiable information collected about their child, have this information deleted, and/or request that there be no further collection or use of their child's personally identifiable information. We will take steps to verify the identity of anyone requesting personally identifiable information about a child and to ensure that the person is in fact the child's parent or legal guardian.
- Newsletter Opt-Out: To opt-out from receiving our newsletter, please follow the unsubscribe link located at the bottom of each newsletter or email us at email@example.com.
VI. Links to Third Parties
- Third Party Advertisers and Links to Other Websites
- Fantage.com Inc. allows advertisements and links to other sites. Some of the advertisements and links you see on the site are selected and delivered by third parties such as ad networks, advertising agencies, and advertisers. For users under the age of 13, these advertisements are only contextual advertisements. They are not behaviorally targeted or retargeted. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of these third party companies. We encourage you to be aware when you leave our site and to read the privacy statements of each and every Web site that may collect personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies only to information collected by Fantage.com Inc. We do not disclose any of the personal information collected on Fantage.com Inc. to third parties who are not service providers.
VII. Contact Us
- All inquiries concerning the privacy policies of Fantage.com Inc. should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would like to contact us by phone, please call (201) 944-6622. If you would like to contact us by mail; please send your letter to the following address.
400 Kelby St. 19th Floor
Fort Lee, NJ 07024 USA